Tuesday, September 6, 2011

God’s glory in sweat, sickness and specs

Sweat

I have a Jillian Michaels DVD – my best option at the moment in terms of exercise. The workouts are quick, I don’t have to leave the house or find a babysitter, I can do them any time, and I can pause in the middle to change a nappy. However, it’s not often that I get through a whole – wait for it – twenty minute workout. Today, for example, Scott dropped my dumbbells on his feet and howled inconsolably. Then, midway through push-ups, I had Cam climbing on top of me to lie across my back. He also needed help finding a lost puzzle piece. Once the piece was found, Scott needed help not to eat it. So I got through circuit one (of three) and gave up and lay on the carpet and they climbed on me some more and I thought, ‘For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven. (Ecclesiastes 3:1) A time to be ripped and gorgeous; and a time to have toddlers climbing on you.’

It was a moment of happy surrender to love and inevitability.

Sickness

Scotty is still sick – but we pray and trust and cuddle him a ridiculous amount. And we are thankful for antibiotics and rehydrate sachets and Granny (who has been looking after him and recording the number of dirty nappies).

Specs

Almost daily Cam leaves me flabbergasted – seriously – with how perceptive and observant he is. Today he started wearing his new (near vision) bifocals, over his (far vision) contact lenses, and they are making a difference already. Ever since his last EUA he has been super excited to get them. We told him this morning there was a special surprise for him. Murray produced the glasses case – in which he had put not only the new specs but also some chocolate eggs. Cunning. It was a gift to see that Cam felt so handsome J He was immediately comfortable and confident. And he cleaned the glasses a lot with his ‘glasses cloth’. They are very clean.

‘For you are the fountain of life, the light by which we see.’ – Psalm 36:9

*Note to Cam for when you read this one day: just wanted to let you know that you had a lousy incident at school today, and Dad and I laid hands on you and prayed for you tonight, while you were sleeping. Gosh, I’m so thankful for the peace that comes from knowing you are in the Father’s hands, and that he is mighty to protect and strengthen and establish you. Remind me and I’ll tell you all about it.




The boys just love this tea cosy…


Kitchen gloves… or shoes…







Who says Spiderman doesn't enjoy a bit of Milo at bedtime…?

No comments:

Post a Comment