Sunday, September 11, 2011

Living inside a miracle

I think sometimes when you’re living inside a miracle, you forget to notice its beauty and magnificence.

It was yesterday three years ago – 10 September 2008 – that Cameron had his first cataract operation, on his right eye. On Friday afternoon we were eating lemon creams on the lawn, and scrutinizing his tea time bowl he said to me, ‘Mom, look at these letters on my biscuit!’ He was born blind. Three years ago the miracle began and today he can see the Bakerman’s markings on a lemon cream. It left me filled with quiet awe.

I forget, too, that we are living inside an even greater miracle because God was eager to give up his splendour and become like us. He was strung up to die because his love for us was that enormous. And now every day we are free.






No comments:

Post a Comment