Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Warning: this parent is about to self-destruct


Yesterday, Cam and Scott would have done well to sell me to passing traders. Or see what I’d fetch on eBay.

After a ridiculous night I spent another early morning at the emergency rooms with Scott. Antibiotic course number three in as many weeks. But we hold out for Thursday when Dr du Plessis will work his magic and give us the gift of grommets.

Later, after Cam’s swimming lesson, Scott vomited in the car. At this point I was fragile, but still vertical.

But wait, folks. That’s not all.

Cam refused to do OT with Samantha. He poured juice all over the lounge and spat in her hair. Wow, what a proud moment for me as a parent. A real highpoint. Samantha felt so sorry for me she went and bought us supper.

Murray got home and had the Serious Talk (my smacks and timeouts had proven fruitless in terms of eliciting true repentance). The Ruling: no Milo, no TV, no bath toys for a week. A calm, mannerly demeanour was restored. Cam recited his entire Snowstorm book and was annoyingly, unbearably cute. He even spoke perfect Afrikaans for part of the evening and argued that humidifiers could be considered a form of transport.

Then Scott vomited in his bed. And I found half a Marie biscuit stuck to the inside of my pyjamas. I did not put it there.

‘Humble yourselves before the Lord…’ – James 4:10

Ok… Got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment