Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Cam’s first day

Today was Cam’s first day at Heavenly Tots. He and all his friends graduated from Heavenly Babies at the end of last year and have moved up to the Tots’ house – new classroom, new playground. All very exciting! For weeks now Cam has been telling anyone willing to listen (grandparents, shop assistants, tree fellers...) that, because he is now big, he is no longer a Heavenly Baby but rather a Heavenly Tot. The school re-opened today, but I took him there yesterday so that he could explore the new playground, do a bit of mental mapping and get his bearings.

Praise God, today went really well! A real blessing is that Cam knows his teacher, Lola (yip, same as his golden retriever J), and one of the classroom assistants, Constance, from the Babies’ house. He had just woken up from his sleep when I arrived to fetch him today and his first words were, ‘Hello Mommy, I had a nice day!’ He is super cheerful, singing even more vociferously than usual, and drumming merrily on any hard surface (including, briefly, Scotty’s head). He’s been telling me all his stories – what they ate for breakfast and lunch, how he and his friends ‘drove’ the old car on the playground, etc. (I think they are going to have a hard time keeping him out of that car.)

The pic is of Cam telling Constance all about our tumble dryer, which is by far his favourite household appliance. (Ours is not to question...!?)

I’m so proud of him – it quite takes my breath away and makes my heart all achy. He is growing up so fast. J


No comments:

Post a Comment