Thursday, January 6, 2011

Back to work

Dearest Scott

Right now you are peacefully asleep in your cot. Today is our last day at home together and I’ve been fighting tears all day. My maternity leave is up, and tomorrow it’s back to work for me and a new schedule for your mornings. You’ll start your day with Maria and giggling and hugs, and then it’ll be playing and adventuring and cuddling with Granny until I’m done at school. You will be in excellent hands!

I can’t tell you how much I’ve enjoyed the past three and a half months. They’ve been among the very happiest of my life. Quiet waters; green pastures. You are such a treasure, and I wish we had a bit more time to spend long, slow days together. The bright side, of course, is that now I’ll be teaching just part-time. I’m going back to less pressure (and less money J); my afternoons will be all about you and Cammy, which is a magnificent prospect. I do so love my job, and it’s always fun and exciting to begin a new school year. (I pray that you too will be passionate about what you do one day, and enjoy a God-given, inimitably energising career.) But, you smiling at me on my laptop’s desktop just isn’t the same as you smiling, and drooling, and gurgling, and bouncing on my lap itself.

Thank you for the undreamt of joy you’ve brought into my life. You have completed me in a way that I couldn’t ever have imagined.  You are a manifestation of God's promise to 'restore to [us] the years that the locust has eaten' (Joel 2:25). I just want you to know that I love you impossibly, more and more each day, and that I am going to miss you dreadfully. L

All my love

Mom

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment