Friday, September 3, 2010

Of museums and swimming...









































































































































































On Wednesday, my Mom and I took Cameron to the Discovery Centre at the Transvaal Museum. There are some auditory and tactile displays designed for visually impaired people. Much of it was a bit beyond Cam – we’ll definitely take him back again when he’s older – but it was great for him (and us!) to see some mammals, reptiles, birds and insects up close, and to get an idea of the SIZE of elephants and rhinos, for example. ‘With my great power and outstretched arm I made the earth and its people and the animals that are on it...’ (Jeremiah 27:5) And there were stairs to climb, and a lamp that he could switch on and off, and we listened to the muffin man his song in Granny’s car... This is the thrilling stuff of life! :)

The other pics are of Cam testing out his baby brother’s carry cot, and of Cam, Craig and Meagan ‘swimming’ at Granny’s house. The boys insisted on wearing their tubes – just to be safe, you know...

‘For you have been my hope, O Sovereign LORD, my confidence since my youth.’ – Psalm 71:5

No comments:

Post a Comment