Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Of brothers and anything but boring


He ain’t heavy

Puzzles are hard work for Cam. We practise. Yesterday at my Mom’s place, she was building puzzles with both boys. Cam found the piece with the beehive and told Granny, ‘I need the one with the bee.’ Scotty picked it up and passed it to Cam. No fuss. Just being the calm little eyes for big bro.

Sometimes they help each other too much. This afternoon Cam helped Scott onto the coffee table, where he danced and chortled dangerously. Scott likes to help Cam to wake up in the mornings by performing full-body power slams. Repeatedly.

The little Scott is doing some serious testing of the boundaries at the moment. He bites and scratches and hides the keys and takes the batteries out of the remotes and turns on the washing machine and runs when I’m about to catch him.

But then he hugs me close and tells me long soft stories and plasters my cheeks with wet loving smooches and raises his hands to worship Jesus when we dance in the lounge and his eyes are a blue sea drowning my frazzle. Sigh.

Cammy comments and conversations

Waving me off this morning: ‘Be careful to drive carefully, Mom! Don’t get dead!’

----

Cam: What’s Pluto for if there are no people on it?
Me: Just for God’s glory. To show how great he is. He can make planets! It’s too cold for people to live there, and there’s no oxygen.
Cam: I think Pluto is just there to keep winter at the right degree.

----

Cam overheard someone saying, ‘You screwed up. You’re just human.’ He proceeded to say it several times during supper. This led to a conversation on original sin. I’m explaining, ‘And God said, “Don’t eat the fruit from that tree!”’ Cam was not to be taken in. ‘No. You must eat fruit! Fruit is healthy.’

----

On Sunday Cam was hurtling through church after the service. He discovered the baptismal pool. Breathlessly excited: ‘When can we swim in this?!’


Anyone can count the seeds in an apple, but only God can count the apples in a seed. – Anonymous








2 comments:

  1. Dalene they are so precious, i laughed out loud (with baby hooping up and down in my belly) at all the things Cam said(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I had a chuckle at some of the comments.

    ReplyDelete