Monday, August 1, 2011

The tortoise is out of his shell

We prayed plenty for Cam today, and worried for nothing. He was absolutely fine in his new class. When we got there, he grinned shyly, sat down, started drawing, and waved me off with hardly a backward glance. His Tortoise Class teacher, Suzanne, is an angelic being and already there seems to be mutual adoration. Midway through the morning, she said to Cam, ‘How are you enjoying your day? Do you want to go back to the Monkey Class?’ Cam replied, ‘No, I think I’ll stay here. Because I’m actually a tortoise now.’

‘As for me, I look to the Lord for help. I wait confidently for God to save me, and my God will certainly hear me. Do not gloat over me, my enemies! For though I fall, I will rise again. Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light.’ – Micah 7:7-8

1 comment: