Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Of vegetables and surrender

I’ve made Cam a vegetable chart. If he eats just a mouthful of veggies at supper time, he gets a shiny tip truck sticker for his chart. So far so good! Last night, after minutes of laboured chewing, he managed a piece of cucumber and a miniscule piece of carrot. All is not lost! J

In my resolve to celebrate life effusively (in the realm of my boys and indeed in every part of life), I’ve lately been challenged to surrender all to God, to trust him with the scariness of vulnerability as I relinquish control, and to be like Jesus who humbly ‘left his case in the hands of God, who always judges fairly.’ (1 Peter 2:23)

Here’s a prayer I wrote:

Lord,

Choose for me the boundaries of every part of my life. Hem me in, behind and before, and protect my frontiers. Help me to accept humbly the invasions you allow. Make my heart soft to receive them, but shield me from needless, senseless hurt. Let me not be brittle or proud, with sharp edges that cut. Give me smooth margins of grace and gentleness, that I might bless others by being happy and uncomplicated.

Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment